Saturday, November 15, 2008

Losing It

I had a rough night. And this morning, I lost my temper. I couldn't hold it any longer. I know should be patient when dealing with people, especially Mum but I couldn't hold myself from being upset. I got up very much earlier just so I can test Mum's blood glucose level before injecting her with insulin. Her blood sugar was high. 15.9. I asked Siti; grandma's maid if Mum had anything this morning. Mum lied. She had bread because she was hungry. I had specific instruction from Prof SP Chan to make sure she fast before injecting her with insulin. Out of anger, I think I spoke with an upset tone telling Mum from the next time onwards, I will wake up very early to make sure she is injected before she takes her breakfast.

In the kitchen, I prepared Mum's meal, alfafa sprouts with bread on olive oil spread. As I pull out every strand of the alfafa sprouts from the plastic container, I couldn't control my tears. I felt angry at myself. I felt angry that I am angry with Mum. I felt useless and bad. Siti noticed I was sniffling away trying to control myself from crying. She gingerly placed a box of tissues next to me. I told her to pass the bread to Mum and I walked quietly into the room. I let go. I cried. And I felt better but still feel bad. I am going to go out and apologise to Mum.


Losing It

6 comments:

Unknown said...

:(

I dunno what to say except that it's not your fault. This is a very trying situation. Yes, definitely apologize.


Best wishes as always.

Anonymous said...

keep ur chin up - u knew already that it wont be an easy battle.

lovely pics by the way - your mother looks quite serious in them! :D

Medie007 said...

well... we can't hold it sometimes. i understand what u're feeling. it's a tough time. stay strong!

Anonymous said...

Hi Vincent, I had the experience, I know how hard it is to fight against your own feeling

but pls be strong, she needs you to be stronger than ever..

plusmy said...

I had seen my old age dad (80+), whom passed away decade ago. Before months he passed away,I was with him. He used to be a strong men in my childhood memory but weak at that time.

It is neither the sick person's nor the care taker's fault. It is usually during the difficult time we learn. This time, learning is patient, which I lack too!!! But I keep remind myself - no, I will do it.

Mary-Janice said...

Hi Vincent Kor
Is me Janice (Big Gal).. so sorry about your mom.. I'm feel very sad.