Monday, August 11, 2008

08.08.08: Daytrip Express

The Friday we have been waiting for finally came, oblivious to the fact that I could miss the live broadcast of the Beijing Olympics opening show at 8.30PM. It didn't matter to me as I wanted to get the decisions done with, having possible treatment options for mum laid out clearly to be considered. The night before, I called and booked a taxi, scheduled to arrive at my place at 4.45AM, just so I would reach the departure location; Côrus Hotel, Kuala Lumpur before 6AM.

:: Sunlight Taxi Driver KL ::
The taxi driver who waited downstairs is his mid-twenties, a pleasantly friendly Indian man who chatted with me all the way to the city centre. When I needed peace and quiet, he got the idea and just concentrated on the driving. A relatively smooth ride all the way there, with hardly any traffic, left me indulging deep in my own private thoughts.

:: KL Street Pre-Dawn ::
:: Aeroline Bus ::
I was greeted with a yellow and grey coloured Aeroline bus when I arrived at the hotel with more than enough time to hop on the bus. Reached for the ticket to be processed by the Aeroline receptionist. It wasn't long before the passengers were told to board on the bus. I chose the seat in the lounge as I figured it'd be easier for me to get out of the bus when I arrive in Singapore. A Filipino family of three was seated next to me. I was half expecting to have the whole lounge to myself so I can rest peacefully without anyone babbling away. Fortunately, they slept all the way to border. So did I.


08.08.08: Daytrip Express

No comments: