Monday, August 11, 2008

Exploring Option Three

The journey to Singapore was relatively smooth. Except maybe I didn't quite have the appetite to eat anything, even though the coach steward served muffins, tuna sandwich and chocolate cake. The Filipino man sleeping across me in the lounge had his leg sticking out in my direction, not bothered with his daughter, and his wife who was seated next to me. The scenery along the way would be refreshing for city dwellers; expressway lined with rows of oil palm or rubber trees.

:: Man Sleeping in Lounge ::
:: Steps Leading to Lounge ::
In less than five hours, the bus arrived at the Singapore Customs and Immigration checkpoint through the Tuas Second Link. If not for the heavy human traffic (mostly Chinese nationals), I think I would have reached the city centre sooner. Since the appointment with the neurologist at Mount E Hospital is at 12.15PM, there was still a lot of time but I tried my luck by going there earlier and see if I could fit in a preceding slot.

:: Tuas Second Link ::
:: SG Immigration Building ::
:: SG Immigration Tower ::
:: To SG ::
The wait for the neurologist took longer than I expected. At his clinic, a couple of other patients were waiting. What drew my attention were rows of awards hung on the wall and the many souvenirs he received in the course of his service. "Fancy and flashy." That came to my mind the whole time I was there. The meeting with the doctor was brief and his assistant explained to me in detail the kinds of treatment Mum should consider. They are definitely very pricey but I was gonna hold that decision until I have discussed with my relatives.

:: Treatment Options ::
:: First Coach Entertainment ::
The journey home stirred a lot of thoughts in my head. I was thinking about the many questions I would have to answer back in KL. The ring tone on my phone turned soundtrack in the whole five hours I was in the bus. Thankfully, and surprisingly, First Coach buses are upgraded with a mini TV set on each seat so passengers get to enjoy movies and music by picking from the list on the panel - a private entertainment. By 9PM, the bus halted at Bangsar LRT station. And I didn't miss much of the opening ceremony of Beijing Olympics!


Exploring Option Three

2 comments:

Medie007 said...

the price... OMG

but for mothers, nothing is too expensive right?
all the best!

Vincent Lai said...

Yes, and the prices are in Singapore dollars.

For mother's there is no limit to what I will do for her. The treatment costs are escalating and I have to resort to asking for donations soon.

Thank you for the well wishes and dropping by, Jason.